Often referred to as the Tuscany of the Middle East, Northern Israel is considered, by many, to be one of the most beautiful and diverse areas in the country, and a magnet for serious photographers.
The “North” as referred to by locals offers beautiful mountain scenery, flowing streams and waterfalls, and lush green landscapes. For me, northern Israel is the antithesis of Tel Aviv.
Now, let us share some of our favorites with you!
Our Favorite Pictures of Northern Israel
The region is defined geographically by a border with Syria and Lebanon to the North, the Mediterranean Sea to the West, the southern tip of Mount Carmel to the South, and the Jordan River to the East.
Places of interest and great photo opportunities:
- Sea of Galilee – the largest freshwater lake in the country
- Haifa – the major port city built on a mountain overlooking the sea
- The town of Tiberias sitting on the shores of the Galilee and considered to be one of the holiest sites in Israel.
- The Golan Heights (Ramat Hagolan in Hebrew) sits on the northeastern tip of Israel, which leads straight into Syria.
- Nahariya– a breathtaking beachfront town filled with fascinating history, interesting cultural sites and a charming European atmosphere.
- Acco– a small coastal town north of Haifa with rich history, colorful markets stalls and amazing spicy aromas.
- Safed– beautiful ancient city, considered by Judaism as one of the the Four Holy Cities with a mild climate and beautiful scenery on all sides.
Of course there is not substitute for a visit to Israel, but just in case, we would like to share with you some of our favorite pictures of the North.
We would also invite you to share some of your favorites with us.
We hope you have enjoyed our photos of the Northern Israel. As I said, Lisa and I are always discovering new places and things to photograph and we invite you as our guest to contribute to this page and our main Israel photo gallery as well.
Of course, that is not a substitute for visiting Israell in the near future. With limitless things to do and see, you will find yourself wanting more and more.
Please see our top recommendations for amazing tours, top places to stay, best tour guides, and invaluable travel tips to maximize your time and money.
Pictures of Northern Israel (Tmunot shel Tzafon Yisrael)
More Israel pictures from Israel Travel Secrets.
Beautiful Northern Israel