That’s right…Private Bar Mitzvah tours in Israel, The most amazing and unforgettable just for your family on this special occasion.
You may find many others offering group tours that are arranged at preset times for large groups and many families. This is a totally Private tour that is customized based on your needs.
You will find below an initial itinerary based on our recommendations however we are happy to make changes according to your wishes.
Israel Bar Mitzvah Tours – A Customizable Itinerary
Arrival Day Thursday – Ben Gurion Airport
- Immediately upon your arrival at Ben Gurion airport, we have arranged for one of our representatives to personally escort you from the aircraft and welcome you to the Holy Land VIP Style…!!!
- After Passport control and luggage collection, you will be escorted to your driver waiting in the Arrival Hall.
- We will transport you in our private vehicle directly to your luxurious hotel accommodations in Tel Aviv for you to settle into your rooms and take a much deserved break to unwind, rest and relax after your long flight.
- Congratulations.. You made it and now the fun begins…Tomorrow anyways..
Overnight: Tel Aviv
Day 2 Friday – Tel Aviv – The “Capital of Cool”
- Our first day of touring will begin immediately after breakfast.
- First stop Independence Hall, recognized as a UNESCO World Heritage Site commemorating the declaration of the founding of the state of Israel on the 14th of May 1948.
- Continue on to the amazing Diaspora Museum (Beit Hatfutsoth) located on the Tel Aviv University campus. the fascinating story of the exodus of the Jews from the Land of Israel some 2500 years ago to present day.
- The next stop will be Jaffa, the world’s oldest port city, for a view of the old city and its well known artist’s colony.
- To end our day, you will enjoy free time at one of Tel Aviv’s busiest areas on Friday afternoons – the Nahalat Binyamin Crafts Fair and Carmel Outdoor Market – for great sounds, smells and of course, great shopping! (time permitting)
Overnight: Tel Aviv
Day 3 Saturday – More Tel Aviv – Ayalon – Latrun
- Start out the morning at the Ayalon Institute – a secret ammunition factory disguised and built underneath a kibbutz hidden from the British soldiers. Used by the Jewish people in 1945-1948 to fight for the State of Israel.
- The Latrun Armored Corps Museum (one of my personal favorites) Over 200 tanks and armored vehicles on display as well as a memorial for fallen soldiers.
- Resume our day in Tel Aviv’s very first neighborhood Neve Tzedek. Now, a charming spot with qaint restaurants and coffee shops and a lively place to visit in the evening. Reminds me of “Soho” in New York City.
- Next, Rothschild Boulevard, referred to as “white Tel Aviv” where we will enjoy Tel Aviv’s beautiful Bauhaus style architecture,
- Shabbat Shalom – Spend the remainder of the day relaxing at your hotel/beach
Overnight: Tel Aviv
Day 4 Sunday – Travel to the North – Caesarea – Haifa – Safed – Upper Galilee
- After breakfast, we will drive along the coastal road with a breathtaking view of the Mediterranean Sea making a brief stop at Kibbutz Gaash
- We will then continue to Caesarea, built over 2000 years ago by King Herod the Great, which served as a key Mediterranean port for centuries. Hear about Caesarea’s role in Jewish history, including its part in the Great Revolt of AD66, and interact with three-dimensional historical figures that come to life using cutting-edge technology.
- On to Haifa – Israel’s major port city, we will ascend the Carmel mountain with a stop at the Louis Promenade for a great view of the Haifa Bay and the beautiful Baha’i Gardens (home of the Bahai faith).
- Safed – The City of Kabbalah and Madonnas personal favorite – located almost 3000 feet (900 Meters) above Sea level with breathtaking views of hte Golan and Sea of Galilee. A great walking City with endless things to see and great shopping.
- Ascend to the Upper Galilee (the Tuscany of Israel) and check into our hotel – The luxurious Pastoral Kfar Blum resort and Spa.
Day 5 Monday – Soldiers at the Border – Banias
- After breakfast, meet your guide Eitan
- First stop Kibbutz Malikiye on northern edge of Israel at the Lebanon border- Meet active IDF soldiers and enjoy their real life perspectives on the current geopolitical situation of the area; all while enjoying breathtaking views of Lebanon and the Upper Galilee. Stroll through the Kibbutz, meet the locals and hear about life living on the border; taste the seasonal fruits from their orchards and plant seedlings near the fence (seasonal availability).
- Banias – Considered to be one of the top attractions in the Upper Galilee and also the largest waterfall in Israel; part of the Banias Nature Reserve with fascinating native fauna and flora as well as ruins of ancient cities.The Hermon stream actually feeds the waterfall by the chilly(15 degree C or 59 deg. F) waters running down from Mount Hermon and the upper Golan.
- Relax at the hotel and enjoy the facilities
Overnight: Kfar Blum Resort and Spa Upper Galilee
Day 6 Tuesday – Adventure Day in the North – Bental – Tel Hai – Jeep Tour – De Karina
- After Breakfast, an exhilarating 2 hour jeep tour in the Golan Heights with an opportunity to access the rugged landscapes of Israel not accessible by foot or car. Enjoy the native fauna and flora of the region.
- On to De Karina Chocolate factory for a mouth watering visit and tour followed by a chocolate making workshop
- Next Mount Bental, in the Golan providing stunning views 1170 Meters above sea level of Mount Hermon, the Galilee, Golan Heights, and Syria (Damascus is only 60 km away). You can even see the original bunkers from the Six Day War.
- Our last stop Tel Hai Museum. This memorial is dedicated to a dramatic battle in 1920 led by Joseph Trumpeldor, a hero known for his national loyalty.
Dinner and Overnight: Kfar Blum Resort and Spa Upper Galilee
Day 7 Wednesday – Tree Planting – Old Gesher – Mt. Scopus – Jerusalem
- After Breakfast – We will stop at the famous Golani junction and you will have a special opportunity to plant a tree in a KKL-JNF nursery.
- We will continue south along the Jordan Valley to visit the “Naharayim Experience at Gesher”. Nicknamed the “start-up” of last century, this unusual light and sound show is filled with models demonstrating the dam system, running water and a combination of sounds and colors. The demonstration shows how the desert transformed into a symbol of – and a vision for – Jewish immigration and industrial development in Israel.
- Our day will continue with a drive to Jerusalem through the Jordan Valley’s stunning landscape.
- We will stop at Mt. Scopus upon arrival in Jerusalem for a magnificent view of the city and a brief explanation about the capital’s past and future. Then will have the opportunity to make a special Schechiayanu ceremony (breaking of bread with a prayer upon entering the city of Jerusalem).
- Meeting with the Rabbi in the evening at the hotel
Overnight: King David Hotel Jerusalem
Day 8 Thursday – Bar Mitzvah Ceremony – Old City Jerusalem – Sound and LIght Show
- After breakfast, we will make our way to the Kotel through the Dung Gate
- Meet at Robinson’s Arch for the Bar Mitvah ceremony
- Enjoy a festive lunch at Piccolino restaurant in the Jerusalem City Center after the ceremony
- After a change of clothes at the hotel, we will embark upon a fascinating tour of the Old City starting at the Wailing Wall
- Walk along the colorful bazaars and the Cardo. former marketplace during the 2nd Temple
- End the day at Mount Zion to see the Tomb of King David
Overnight: King David Hotel Jerusalem
Day 9 Friday – Archaeological Dig – Christian Quarter Old City Jerusalem
- After breakfast, we will arrive at Beit Guvrin renowned for its hundreds of softstone caves with the largest being Tel Maresha. There will will take part in an actual archaeological dig (hiking boots required)
- Return to the Old City Christian Quarter and embark on a spectacular tour including the Via Dolorosa (Stations of the Cross) ending at the Church of the Holy Sepulcher.
- Browse the colorful Arab “shuk” or maket and buy some souvenirs if you wish
- Overnight: King David Hotel Jerusalem
Day 10 Shabbat – Leisure Day in Jerusalem
- Free Day at leisure in Jerusalem
- Evening Sound and Light Show at the Tower of David. This is a self guided tour and we will direct you how to get there.
Overnight: King David Jerusalem
Day 11 Sunday – City of David – Machane Yehuda Market – Israel Museum
- After breakfast, we will walk to the City of David for a virtual reality movie about King David’s historical city, and a “wet” walking tour of the ancient water system connecting Warren’s Shaft to the Shiloah tunnels (Hezekiah’s Tunnel).
- Then continue on for a neighborhood tour around the Mahane Yehuda Market with an exciting opportunity to experience the smells and tastes of this market. Here you will be given a ‘bite card’ and map in order to sample the different delicacies of this market.
- Afternoon visit to the world renowned Israel Museum, the largest in Israel featuring the Shrine of the Book containing the original Dead Sea Scrolls (the oldest known biblical manuscripts in the world).
- A drive past the Knesset, home of the Israeli Parliament and to view the famous Menorah
Overnight King David Hotel Jerusalem
Day 12 Monday- Yad Vashem – Herzl Museum – Pantry Packers
- After breakfast, we will visit Yad Vashem – the Holocaust Memorial museum and the Children’s memorial.
- Proceed to Mount Herzl – the burial place for three of Israel’s former Prime Ministers (Levi Eshkol, Golda Meir, and Yitzhak Rabin) as well as former Israel Presidents
- Mount Herzl Museum featuring a spectacular audio-visual 60 minute encounter that explores the Jewish world according the Herzl’s perspective.
- A visit to the Pantry Packers – for hands on opportunity to help others in Israel who are less fortunate – A short video, followed by a discussion and then you will pack food bags using modern equipment. Then you will have the opportunity to leave your family name on each package. (Packed by _____).
Overnight King David Hotel Jerusalem
Day 13 Tuesday – Camel Ride at Genesis Land – Masada – Dead Sea
- After breakfast, a drive through the magical Judean Desert with a spectacular view of the Dead Sea
- Arrive Genesis Land – A short camel ride that will take you back 5000 years to Abraham’s tent, where you are welcomed by “Eliezer” for light refreshments followed by ancient script writing activity. A modern day “time machine”
- Continue on to the lush oasis of Ein Gedi sandwiched between the rugged Judean desert and the magical Dead Sea.
- Buffet lunch at a local hotel resort, then float in the therapeutic waters of the Dead Sea on a private beach – locker and towel will be provided.
- Arrive at Mount Masada and ascend the mountain via cable car for a private tour and an opportunity to explore the ancient ruins of the fortress built by Kind Herod and the site of the Zealots last stand against the Roman invaders. The story is riveting – I guarantee it!
- Descend via cable car as we make our way South into the Negev desert to Mitzpe Ramon
Dinner and Overnight: The luxurious Beresheet hotel Mitzpe Ramon
Day 14 Tuesday – Rappelling – Ramon Crater
- Start the day rappelling at the Ramon Crater – an exhilarating experience made easier by experienced licensed instructors who will help even the most apprehensive conquer their fear and enjoy the adrenaline rush
- Visit the Ramon Crater (Maktesh) the largest one of 3 craters in the Negev. It contains geological formations unparalleled elsewhere in the world. The crater is 500 meters deep and encompasses the vast diversity of mountains and rocks, having fantastic colors and forms. After the tour through the new visitors’ center hike the crater
- Drive through Beersheba capital of the Negev and make your way to Tel Aviv
- Free time on the Tel Aviv waterfront and beach
- Transfer to Airport in the evening
- Group VIP meeting at the airport and assistance with airport procedures and escorted to the plane
Have a safe journey home.