The benefits of a Dead Sea treatment attract both casual travelers and patients recovering from a variety of chronic health disorders. We can’t list them all, but here’s just a tiny sampling:
- Skin conditions – Psoriasis, Atopic Dermititis, Mycosis Fungoides, and several others that quite frankly we don’t know how to pronounce. Studies show that a few days spent at the dead sea every year are at least as effective in contributing to the disappearance of lesions and duration of remission when compared to conventional treatments. It also eliminates the need to use corticosteroids or cytotoxic medications.
- Rheumatic diseases such as arthritis, Osteoarthritis, and Fybromyalgia – bathing in the Dead Sea and its surrounding natural thermo-mineral springs has become standard practice among many patients seeking natural, effective treatments.
- Respiratory conditions – Asthma, Cystic Fibrosis, Chronic Obstructive Lung Disease. The dry, mineral rich desert climate, combined with the area’s unusually high oxygen concentration, brings much needed relief no other environment can rival.
The area’s unique environmental conditions have become world famous, considered by many to be one of the planet’s seven wonders. Here’s a breakdown to understand why:
- Sun – The Dead Sea’s lowest elevation on the Earth (423 meters or 1388 feet beneath sea level) means harmful ultraviolet (UV) radiation from the sun’s rays has to pass through more air molecules, water vapor, and aerosols, which all combine to diminish its harmful effects
- Salt – Not only is the Dead Sea’s high salt content the cause for many flotation experiences that relax and soothe the mind, it also eases rheumatic discomfort and invigorates the circulatory system. Over time, these effects can work miracles on the skin
- Air – The extremely low elevation brings with it uniquely high barometric pressure, which in turn results in the highest oxygen density in the world (exceeding normal sea level concentrations by 3.3% in summer and 4.8% in winter). Alongside the dry desert climate and mineral concentration in the atmosphere, the air becomes a natural healing spa
- Earth – rich in mineral content, world renowned black mud from the Dead Sea is used in countless cosmetics and skin care products. Many simply come straight to the source and cover themselves with the stuff for a natural dose of Dead Sea skin care. It’s almost a mandatory right of passage for anyone visiting the area 🙂
- Water – The dead sea is surrounded by thermo-mineral springs. These are rich in hydrogen sulfide, salt (obviously), and forty some other minerals. Dipping in these springs is an effective treatment for various joint disorders, and produces remarkably relaxing effects on the nervous system.
Bring the magic of the Dead Sea as a gift to that special person in your life! Attractively wrapped, these products will enhance beauty and well being. There is a:
- Fragrant hand cream. Its Dead Sea minerals nourish, soften and smooth
- Quality foot cream whose Dead Sea minerals impart a glowing sense of well-being
AHAVA offers this highly concentrated anti-wrinkle night treatment oil. It contains rich minerals from the Dead Sea. It works whilst you sleep, smoothing away wrinkles and keeping your skin firm and soft.
Approved for sensitive skin. Allergy Tested. Paraben free.
This innovative, ultra-replenishing day cream and melting rich night cream elevates sagging skin and refines facial contours. Deep wrinkles begin to fade and youthful radiance returns. Clinically approved UVA, UVB and ex-vivo measured Infra Red protection is achieved with our SPF 20 Broad Spectrum coverage.