Golf in Israel – Did you know that Israel offers one of the top 100 golf courses in the world?
Not only that but a genuine 18 hole Pete Dye design. The only course he has done outside of the U.S.
I am referring to the recently re-opened golf club in Caesarea Israel. My son Aaron is an avid golfer and belongs to the Youth Academy there.
Let me tell you why you should make Israel your next golf vacation and see my top tips and recommendations for the best Israel golf tours and packages.
Enjoy this short video taken entirely on location in Caesarea Israel –
“It’s Tee Time”
A Bit of History about Golf in Israel
The Caesarea course, originally created by the Rothschild family in 1961, was the site where Lord Baron De Rothschild played its first tee shot before an exhibition match between Sam Sneed and Harry Whitman.
The site for many years was considered an average course with great potential. Fast forward to August 2007, the CDC or Caesarea Development Corporation decided to redevelop the entire course with a team of international experts and world renowned architect Pete Dye.
In May of 2009, the course was officially re-opened just in time for the 18th Israeli Maccabi games. “The Israeli version of the Olympics”.
Caesarea Golf Course – A World Class Offering
Offering serious golfers a broad range of options including well-manicured greens and fairways, a diverse course program, spacious practice courses, a skilled staff, a golf academy and a golf school for children, a pro shop with name brand golf and sporting equipment, and a gourmet restaurant. Albatross – I have eaten there many times and the food is really great!
The Ancient Port City of Caesarea
The Club is located in the village of Caesarea, near everything including recreational and vacation spots, the ancient port city of Caesarea, the spectacular Aqueduct beach over 4000 years old and still standing. Not to mention the Caesarea Port (one of my personal favorites), an area that boasts a host of tourist attractions and rare archaeological ruins, a magnificent esplanade, an underwater archaeological park, and a wide range of restaurants, cafes and galleries. Literally within walking distance you can reach the luxurious Dan Caesarea Golf Hotel, the Caesar Spa, and a superb Fitness club with all of the latest equipment (Go Active).
Israel Golf Vacations and Tours
Golf in Israel, specifically golf vacations in Israel are becoming more and more popular. It is the perfect venue. With the combination of a world class course, warm sunny weather nearly year round, as well as endless other choices of things to see and do in Israel during your trip.
There are many options available for golf packages of 3-5 days, midweek, weekend, or we can help custom design a package for you.
I actually live in the area and am quite familiar with all of the offerings including restaurants, hotels, Zimmers, and great places to visit.
The Future of Golf in Israel
Israel is on its way to becoming a golf empire according to the Israel Ministry of Tourism and the Israel Land administration. There are already aggressive plans in the works to build 16 new golf courses across the country at a projected cost of $200 Million.
With the perfect climate and resources to support such a venture, Israel wants to become a global golf tourist destination much like Europe and Australia.
Investing in the golf industry is just good business for Israel as it is projected to increase the amount spent by the average tourist by 100% while increasing the occupancy for Hotels in Israel significantly as well.
My Top Recommendations for Golf in Israel
- Tee Times – Early morning or Late Afternoon during the summer months (May-October)
- Water – Take a water bottle with you with containing at least 1-2 liters per person.
- Sun Hat and Sun Screen – The UV index during the summer is a 9 or 10 almost daily.
- Sunglasses: Also highly recommended.
- Food – I usually bring something small that offers plenty of protein. A peanut butter sandwich and piece of fruit, but there is a great snack place to stop at the end of the front 9 (Itzik’s Place) with great homemade sandwiches and salads.
- Course Markers – The course is well marked with postings at each hole. Also, a pace chart is supplied to keep you comfortably separated from the other golfers.
- Spare balls – There are many narrow fairways and sand traps that will offer enough opportunities to lose your ball.
- Bathrooms: There are bathrooms along the course that are very clean and well maintained.
- Pictures: Lots of great photo opportunities so have your camera phone ready.
- Cell Phone – Always recommended whenever you travel.
Book Your Israel Golf Vacation
Please use the inquiry form below to contact Bruce who will help arrange your next Israel Golf Vacation at the exclusive Caesarea Golf Course.
Israel Day Tours (Tiyuli Yom b’ Yisrael)